Ant-Man (Scott Lang) is a fictional superhuman showing up in American comic books distributed by Marvel Comics. Made by David Michelinie and John Byrne, Scott Lang first showed up in The Avengers #181 (March 1979) and in Marvel Premiere #47 (April 1979) as the second superhuman character to utilize the Ant-Man name in the Marvel Universe. He is a transformed cheat and a gadgets master. He was an individual from the Avengers, a highlighted character in the comic-book arrangement FF, and in 2015 turned into the title character in the arrangement Ant-Man.
|First Appearance||As Scott Lang:|
The Avengers #181 (March 1979)
Marvel Premiere #47 (April 1979)
|Created by||David Micheline|
|Alter ego||Scott Edward Harris Lang|
Guardians of the Galaxy
Heroes for Hire
|Abilities||* Ability to shrink to sub-microscopic size and enter the subatomic universes|
* Genius-level intellect
* Size-shifting from nearly microscopic to ~100 feet gigantic (both at extremes)
* Ability to transfer his size-shifting ability to other beings and objects
* Uses Pym particle discs that allow Ant-Man to will himself and other objects to reduce in size or enlarge
* Maintains strength of normal size in shrunken state
* Helmet with a retractable plexiglass face shield and a limited air supply
* Telepathic communication with ants using a cybernetic helmet (as Ant-Man)
* Superhuman strength, stamina, durability and mass in giant form
Scott Lang is an ex-convict and electronics expert hired by Stark International, which enables him to steal the Ant-Man suit from Hank Pym, who had long since given up the name, to help his sick daughter. When Pym finds out, he gives the suit to Lang, allowing him to become the second Ant-Man. As Ant-Man he serves as an Avenger for years, until he is killed during the Avengers Disassembled storyline. Years later he is resurrected in the Avengers: The Children’s Crusademini series. Following his resurrection, Lang briefly heads the Future Foundation.
Paul Rudd portrays Scott Lang in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the films Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and will reprise the role in Avengers: Endgame.